Monday, March 30, 2015

Ballet Lessons... Life Lessons... My Masterpiece

This picture has many meanings. The little girl separated from the rest of the girls is little Sakoya. She's one of the best dancers in Beginning Ballet One. Her success often times separates her from the rest of the girls. She possesses a strong sense of maturity and poise. She learns quick, cooperates, loves her Mommy, and does what she is told. Most importantly, though, she has a passion that drives her and that is her love for dance. I find elements of myself in little Sakoya. It's easy to plan out her life and who she'll grow up to be someday. I was the girl in class who was attentive and wanted to learn as much about my body as was possible. This separated me from my age group. Not only was I surrounded by a home full of college students and teens, but I spent my extracurricular activities with them, too. This early maturity gave way to a new found respect and understanding of my body and life itself. Every movement brought beauty and a stronger mind, body connection. No longer was I simply standing in first position, but I was feeling my toes press through the floor, my knees lift, my circulatory system flow, spine elongate, and heart beat to the tapping of my toes. Dance brought a new feeling of life. In the end, I found the departure from my short-lived youth to be a graduation of a new life, new feeling that set forth my dancing success.

No comments:

Post a Comment