Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Counterbalancing Modern Life

Life is all about balancing. We try and be dynamic students by balancing our academics with extracurricular activities, volunteer work, family, friends, religion, etc. and we try and be successful while managing all these different parts of our life at the same time as being successful in every aspect and every activity. Well, Modern Dance is a great example of that. I'm in five inch heels and a skirt; an outfit neither meant for dancing, nor balancing; however, dancers dance through life despite the circumstances. I have to find a medium balance between holding Katie (left) and Baily (right). This resembles my life and the responsibility and dependability expected of me as well as the rest of the world. I can't pull to hard on Katie or else she would fall forward and Baily would fall back. Yet, I can't give all my weight to Katie or else her lunge would turn more into a far portequor and Baily would be in the splits. God, I believe, gave us a population to live with. We are here to interact and celebrate together, in the glory of His name. We are meant to live by supporting one another while depending on one another through friendships, relationships, etc. No one is meant to be alone is this dance called Life. It's all about finding the balance and the beauty will display itself in the victory of your success.

No comments:

Post a Comment