Monday, March 30, 2015

Dance Spectrum 2015

I remember Mrs. Byrne asked my Honors English class whether physical pain hurt more than emotional pain. Dance, once again, has proven the answer to that one. Physical pain is nothing compared to emotional pain. My feet are just an example of the joy dance has served in my life. It's made an impression on my body, as well as my soul. How do we stay away from emotional pain? Is the only way by getting physically hurt? Not always. There are other ways to live happily and painlessly. A brisk hike early in the morning can clear your mind and ease stress. Maybe even just a deep breath can make that test-stress go away. For me, personally, dance has given me both pain and joy. However, knowing that Sunday was my last time performing at Allen Hancock College left me with the worst pain I've felt in a while. Could you imagine losing something that was once there for you through everything? That one person or thing that got you through the deaths of loved ones, breakups, friendship dramas, family fights, and never let you down. The one thing that let you be anything you wanted to be, do anything you wanted to do, and granted you the feeling of feeling the most beautiful... that was dance for me. I graduated from Dance yesterday and while my feet are bleeding, I'd rather my tears be from the physical pain than the crushing reality of losing my best friend, Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment